- Competitive salary and benefits
- Based in Cirencester, Cotswolds, including opportunities for overseas travel
We’re excited to announce we’re expanding and on the search for a Sales Account Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding, international school travel organisation. The aim of the role is to generate new business while maintaining our base of existing clients.
You will be a ‘people-person’ whose outstanding school sales ability will ensure confident recruitment and retention of teacher and student teams for our inspiring Global Learning programmes overseas. Apart from securing new company sales, a key role will be managing accounts. Therefore people skills and relationship building is key.
For the successful candidate, there are excellent benefits and the opportunity to travel.
Who are we?
Global Action’s vision is to be the UK’s leading provider of high-quality Global Learning programmes.
We provide educational overseas trips for school students aged 15-19 that deliver an outstanding Global Learning Programme.
At Global Action, we believe that engaging young people in learning about poverty reduction, environmental issues and social justice can build positive attitudes towards global change.
By building outstanding learning programmes that excite, educate and inspire, Global Action aims to empower students and equip them with the knowledge, skills and determination to make positive choices as Global Citizens. We partner with UK secondary schools, and have programmes in: Costa Rica, Borneo, Zanzibar, Nepal, the Indian Himalayas and Switzerland.
What do we expect of our Sales Account Managers?
We are recruiting a Sales Account Manager to take responsibility for achieving and exceeding annual Sales Targets. However this role goes beyond just looking at targets. Our schools are part of our Global Action family and to them, you are the face of Global Action.
You will be responsible for:
- Establishing school client contacts in person, over the telephone, and email to convert enquiries to sales
- Managing the sales process from start to finish and ensuring repeat business
- Building strong and lasting relationships with our teachers and schools
- Presenting at student assemblies and at evening parents’ presentations
- Informing clients of key information prior to booking
- Managing the customer journey from sale to travel and beyond
- Preparing clients in the build-up to their trip, through regular communication, check-ins and workshops
- Using and updating the CRM
- Liaising with the Head of Sales to create marketing materials, e-shots, website content and manage social media
- Travel to overseas locations to visit programmes
- Reporting to the Head of Sales
Initial training in company systems will be provided, but it is essential that the Sales Account Manager is able to work unsupervised and under their own initiative, to meet tight deadlines.
What are we looking for?
- Passion for outdoor education and international development
- Proven ability to work to and achieve sales targets with enthusiasm to succeed
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills; Proven experience in closing sales
- Experience in retaining customers and creating opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell
- Tenacious, target-driven and real attention to detail
- Experience in a customer facing sales role with proven customer service skills
- Self-confident, with excellent communication skills – comfortable presenting to teachers, students or parents
- Proven experience in marketing, social media, budget management and good numerical skills
- Excellent knowledge of sales strategy and systems
- Team player, happy to work in a small business where everyone has to be ‘hands on’
- Positive, flexible, and a proactive problem-solver
- Willing to work some weekends / unsociable hours, and travel as required (time off in lieu will be given)
- Full UK Driving License and own car
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent professional experience)
- Overseas expedition and/or volunteer experience
- Experience within the school or travel industry
Closing date: 15th April 2019
Start date: 1st August 2019
Please send your CV, with a cover letter clarifying why you want to work with us, and how you meet the above criteria, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think you tick most of our boxes, we really look forward to hearing from you!