- Competitive salary and benefits
- Based in Cirencester, Cotswolds, including overseas travel and fieldwork
An exciting opportunity to play a key role in a rapidly expanding international expedition organisation.
Your organisational ability in the UK and internationally will ensure our students have outstanding experiences.
For the successful candidate making a positive difference, there are excellent promotion opportunities in an expanding company.
Who are we?
At Global Action, we believe that engaging young people in learning about poverty reduction, environmental issues and social justice can build positive attitudes towards global change.
We provide educational overseas trips for school students aged 15-19 that delivers an outstanding Global Learning Programme. Our trips currently go to Nepal, the Indian Himalayas, Zanzibar Island, Costa Rica and Switzerland.
Global Action is the only UK school trips’ company whose Directors have worked overseas for the United Nations and international development agencies at senior management level. We are a young, dynamic company based in Cirencester.
The Programmes Coordinator Role
We are recruiting a Programmes Coordinator to take responsibility for delivering high quality school expeditions overseas. Your aim is quite simply to ensure our students and teachers have outstanding experiences.
Based in our Cirencester office, you will plan market leading educational itineraries, and work with our in-country partners to organise: project work, seminars with United Nations agencies and international NGOs, and outdoor activities such as mountain treks and snorkelling.
You will have responsibility for all related expenditure to keep within company budgets, and to strict safety standards.
You will liaise with our clients, in-country partners, and travel to overseas locations to set up new projects and fieldwork. Full training will be provided.
For a dynamic individual proving successful results, there is a real opportunity to expand their responsibility within Global Action.
Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in project management, planning and coordination, with excellent administration skills, including budget management and logistics
- Self-confident with excellent communication skills – comfortable presenting to students or parents
- Excellent time management skills: ability to work to tight deadlines under own initiative without direct supervision
- Team player, happy to work in small business where everyone has to be ‘hands on’
- Positive, flexible, and a proactive problem-solver
- Passion for outdoor education, environmental protection, and international development
- Happy going on the road during busy periods, e.g. workshops and evening presentations
- Full UK Driving License and own car
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent professional experience)
- Overseas expedition and/or volunteer experience in developing countries
- Office experience with an expedition company or within the travel industry
- Experience managing activities with school groups
Closing date: 24 September 2018
Ideal start date: November 2018
Please send your CV, with a cover letter clarifying why you want to work with us, and how you meet the above criteria, to: email@example.com
Please note we will only be responding to those applicants who will be invited for interview.