- £16,000 – £18,000 salary dependent on experience
- 1 year contract commencing March 2017, with potential to develop into a permanent post for the right candidate
- Office based 5 days a week 9am – 5pm
- Based in Cirencester, Cotswolds
An exciting opportunity to play a key role in a rapidly expanding international expedition organisation.
What is Global Action?
We provide expeditions for secondary schools to Nepal, Zanzibar Island, the Indian Himalayas, and Switzerland. Our aim is to provide students and teachers with a highly educational expedition that will enhance academic and personal development.
Each country programme has specific objectives, see: http://www.global-action.co.uk/
The Programmes Administrator Role
Global Action requires a highly-efficient, confident and versatile Programmes Administrator who will ensure confidentiality and the smooth running of office systems.
A confident and polite telephone manner is important, as is accuracy in completing administrative tasks, such as managing confidential data, correspondence, and monitoring payments electronically. He/she needs to be familiar with Microsoft Office, database management, mail merge, and be willing to learn basic book-keeping. Experience in the travel industry is an advantage.
The Programmes Administrator will be responsible for all administration relating to the Global Action Programmes with Key tasks including:
- Responsible for management of client databases – processing Booking Forms, medical cards, raising invoices, chasing outstanding payments and ensuring database information up-to-date
- Current and prospective client liaison over phone and email
- Support the Operations Department where necessary and when required – including payment tracking, mail merge correspondence, and assisting the team with ad-hoc administration duties
- Support the Sales Department where necessary and when required – including updating the sales database, follow-up to enquiries, providing information regarding our products and services
- Working with the team to develop and maintain financial and other reporting systems
- Working with the team to create and maintain an alumni network/social media strategy
- Responsible for maintaining office supplies and calendar management
Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Positive, flexible, and a proactive problem-solver
- Excellent time management skills: ability to work to tight deadlines under own initiative without direct supervision
- Self-confident, with excellent communication skills and a polite phone manner
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office package, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- At least two years’ experience in a position of responsibility in an office environment as administration officer, co-ordinator or similar
- Experience working with a CRM system
- Experience and/or willingness to assist in, developing Social Media Strategy
- A passion for developing yourself and other people
- Sense of humour (should probably be Essential)
Closing date: 20 January 2017
Start date: March, 2017
Please send your CV, with a cover letter clarifying why you want to work with us, and how you meet the above criteria, to: email@example.com
Please note we will only be responding to those applicants who will be invited for interview. Thank you