Job Title: Expedition Manager, Global Action Ltd
Location: Cirencester, Cotswolds
Competitive salary and benefits
An exciting opportunity to play a key role in a rapidly expanding international expedition organisation.
We are recruiting 2 Expedition Managers to help deliver high quality school expeditions overseas, and ensuring our participants have outstanding experiences.
For a dynamic individual proving successful results, there is a real opportunity to expand their responsibility within Global Action.
Based in our Cirencester office, you will liaise with our clients and in-country partners to plan and organise programmes, and set up seminars with United Nations’ agencies, international NGOs, and outdoor activities including mountain treks, and snorkelling.
You will also travel to overseas locations to set up new projects and fieldwork. Full training will be provided. You will have responsibility for expenditure to keep within company budgets, and to strict safety standards.
Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Passion for outdoor education, environmental protection, and international development
- Proven experience in planning and coordination, with excellent administration skills
- Self-confident, with excellent communication skills – comfortable presenting to students or parents
- Proven experience in project management (budgeting, logistics)
- Positive, flexible, and a proactive problem-solver
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work to tight deadlines under own initiative without direct supervision
- Full UK Driving License and own car
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent professional experience, e.g. Armed Forces)
- Overseas expedition and/or volunteer experience to the Himalayas or Africa
- Office experience with an expedition company or within the travel industry
- Experience managing outdoor activities
Please send your CV, with a cover letter clarifying why you want to work with us, and how you meet the above criteria, to: email@example.com
Please note we will only be responding to those applicants who will be invited for interview.
Closing date: 20 April, 2016